Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Jenny relocated to Florida in February 2016 and comes with experience working with diverse populations in inner city and suburban areas of Virginia. Jenny has worked with children and adults of all ages, with a focus on stabilizing adults with severe mental illness and families of youth at risk for out-of-home placement during licensure supervision/residency. She has received training in Trauma-Informed Care.
Jenny is familiar with the vast effects of:
- Trauma (ex. physical/sexual/emotional abuse, neglect, exposure to violence)
- Attachment (ex. adoption and foster care, homelessness or prolonged transience, generational maladaptive patterns of conflict)
- Psychological and social implications of unmet needs (ex. depression, anxiety, addiction, legal issues, employment issues, lifespan developmental challenges)
- Biological occurrences or inquiries (ex. grief and loss, identity formation, physiological addiction, chronic medical conditions, mental health diagnoses such as bipolar and schizophrenia)
Jenny uses a relational approach with clients, finding that the therapeutic relationship can often serve as the cornerstone to change. Her approach can feel warm, casual, safe, non-judgmental, and is carefully paced and tailored to individual needs. Jenny enjoys dialogue that is explorative, curious, open, organic, and encouraging of client-therapist feedback. Jenny prioritizes the art of listening to stories and narratives, creating and building comfort and connection, interpreting needs, collaborating on treatment goals, and empowering through skill building.
Jenny has a special interest working with individuals willing to seek awareness into and transformation toward integrating the past, present, and future. This passion stems from personal experience and a never-ending journey of discovery and growth. Jenny loves to share resources that have been impactful along her own voyage including books, podcasts, expressive arts (i.e. painting, poetry, music), mindfulness retreats, social experiences, and holistic treatment approaches.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – Florida & Virginia
- Master of Social Work, Clinical (MSW) – Virginia Commonwealth University
- Bachelor of Arts (BA, Major in Social Work, Minor in Philosophy & Religious Studies) – Christopher Newport University
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Foundational Trained – The Linehan Institute/Behavioral Tech
- SMART Recovery Facilitator Trained