Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Monika has worked with a diverse and wide-ranging population of clients in her career, including people living with HIV, survivors of intimate partner violence, children and families, and Latin-American immigrants. Monika strives to create a warm, non-judgmental and trusting environment, allowing clients to reach greater awareness of self and create effective changes in their lives.
Monika currently provides individual and group therapy around issues surrounding substance abuse recovery, interpersonal conflicts, DBT skills, CBT skills, depression, and anxiety using a variety of modalities; including psychodynamic and narrative therapy, art therapy, motivational interviewing, CBT, and gestalt therapy techniques. Monika also facilitates adult DBT Skills groups.
- Bachelor of Arts in Romance Languages and Literature, Cum Laude – Harvard University
- Masters of Social Work – New York University
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Foundational Training – The Linehan Institute/Behavioral Tech (2014)
- SMART Recovery Training Program (2014)
- Can provide bilingual services in Spanish